WHO IS TQUILA
A CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
Tquila is a corporate development and technology company founded by James McHugh in 2010, initially with an investment in a UK-based Salesforce consultancy, a joint venture with Salesforce.
Tquila has built a successful portfolio of technology service businesses, focused on:
James is also a successful international sailor – including winning the Class40 category in the Sevenstar Round Britain & Ireland Race 2022. Many of the lessons he has learnt in sailing apply equally to business – the importance of team-work, harnessing technology, working in partnership, demonstrating tenacity.
Founder, General Partner
The Tquila Advantage
Our unique venture-building model has a track record of deploying capital and achieving successful exits. We bring three particular areas of expertise:
KNOWLEDGE OF THE SECTOR
We have a strong understanding of trends in the technology services industry. This helps us identify emerging technologies to invest into We have a wide and deep network with software vendors based on our many years of experience in the industry.
Our network helps us identify and attract leadership. Helping leadership build effective teams.
Our partnership model software vendors unlocks capital for joint ventures. Strong network with private equity firms helps achieve successful exits.
Founder, General Partner
- Founded K2 Partnering Solutions in 1997.
- James has established and grown multiple businesses in UK, USA, Japan and Australia covering Salesforce, SAP, GMP and RPA.
- 32 years business and consulting experience.
- Former partner at KPMG and EY - leading KPMG consulting across UK and EMEIA.
- Board member/Chair of multiple high growth technology businesses.
General Partner, COO
- 20 years finance, technology & operations experience.
- Former CFO of publicly listed company. Built operations and finance teams across Asia and Europe.
- Multiple M&A transaction closes, funding and debt finance deals.
- 18 years in business leadership and digital consultancy.
- Co-founder of PM Dragonfly.
- Variety of leadership roles in leading marketing services businesses.
- 24 years technology & consulting recruitment experience.
- Led the global sales strategy for K2 Partnering Solutions. Built practices across Europe, America and Asia.
- Network stretching across multiple global Consulting and SI businesses.
- 30+ Years of asset management experience (private equity & debt).
- Extensive Corporate Finance and Banking experience.
- Multiple M&A Transactions.
- Seasoned Board Member and Chairman across industries.